Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

odroid c2 support please 2ghz 2gb memory same size as the pi come on now. better emus.

herbfargus

Software support on odroid is rubbish and devs don’t have that board so I wouldn’t hold your breath. No amount of RAM can make up for shoddy software and community support. There is already partial support for the odroid boards anyhow.

https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/Odroid

You can also try lakka as they provide the same functionality. RetroPie will never emulate anything more than retroarch emulators on odroid anyways.

http://www.lakka.tv/get/linux/

robertybob
    Participant

What Herb said..

webhead
    Participant

well it is fast and happygamecentre supports it so why not retropie.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Did you actually read anything posted above ?

ronoh55
    Participant

Just curious, what makes software support shoddy on it? I understand there’s almost no community, but shouldn’t it run most everything (and more due to power) that the pi can? I mean it’s all linux right?

Tldr; How is odroid linux ≠ pi linux?

herbfargus

Well for starters an older kernel (3.17 ish) graphics drivers don’t always play nice, among other things. You can get things working no doubt but not worth the headache imo. Get yourself an odroid and try the same things on a pi and let me know how you fare ;)

webhead
    Participant

im beginning to think this site is run by the pi foundation lol , nobody prepared to do any work to get it working on other devices we don’t all love the raspy you know theres people out there that jump ship for new tech and I don’t blame them everyone want speed and memory.

if you don’t want anything faster then don’t bring anything out for new pi,s get what I mean .

still c2 will have it all and more very soon.

zerojay
    Participant

Dude, badgering developers to support hardware they don’t even own isn’t exactly a winning strategy. On top of the fact that it would already be yet another piece of hardware to maintain with all the other versions of Pi out there. You’re expecting far too much and your frustrations are misplaced here.

At this point, if you want RetroPie on an ODroid2 with more support than there already is, you’re either going to have to build and support it yourself or buy the devteam some C2’s and hope that they are interested enough to take on the extra burden of supporting it.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

webhead – I spent a significant amount of time getting it working on the odroid-c1 actually – you obviously didn’t read any of the links above.

The fact is, there is little/no interest and I am not going to spend even more hours of my free time working on something no-one uses. (Bear in mind the downloads for RetroPie are over 250,000). Plus on the ODroid-C1 you can either have accelerated X or accelerated framebuffer, and there is no SDL1 driver for the framebuffer, so it’s retroarch + SDL2 apps only.

ronoh55
    Participant

Thanks for the answer to my curiosity!

@webhead
    : I don’t know how much you know of linux computing or how deep you’ve gotten into the pi’s inner workings but if what they are saying is true about the odroid (and I have no reason to not believe them) then it really is a matter of ease. The pi is much easier to get things working on than the odroid. We all wish we had more ram and cpu power, but we will take what we can get that is worth our time and effort for a FREE project here.

Complaining will get you nowhere here. If you want the extra power you will have to put in the work. We (or at least I) hope that you will share your findings if you decide to do so.

webhead
    Participant

lol that just means you don’t really have the intelligence you were ment to be born with no matter I read theres a lot coming its way to make this irrelevant anyways , and do you actually know the spec of the c2 probs not .

herbfargus

If you’re so intelligent then provide support yourself. Clearly you are not as you are here demanding assistance: which as noted above by the ungrateful childish tone will get you none. Keep your odroid.

zerojay
    Participant

Enjoy your specs.

gizmo98
    Participant

@webhead
    It seems like you are smart enough to complain like a little child. As clever as you are you could provide a solution for your as easy to setup and maintain devices. All devs have experimented with alternative arm boards. No one really likes them. If more speed is necessary it is already possible to use RetroPie with an Intel compute stick or NUC or any other PC. There is a gap between rpi3 and a PC which could be filled with one of these arm boards. But no one wants to spend time for arm boards with bad driver support.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.