Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Noob problems – Can't get roms to start

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lithium630
    Participant

Hi there. I have a Pi 2 and burned the lattest SD card image of the Retropie. Emulationstation boots great. I copied some NES roms to the Retropie/nes folder. When I try to load them, I get a screen saying “Press any key to configure launch options..” Lr- I get to some emulator settings but nothing to get the games to load. Fceumn is the only emulator option. (Nestopia is there but nothing happens when I try to select it)

I’ve experimented with a few different images and normally all I had to do was copy the roms to the folder and they loaded fine. Am I missing something or should I try reinstalling? I’m sure it’s obvious but I’m very new to this so any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So when you try to load them and get the message, have you just let it go and not pressed anything? If so does it just dump you back at the emulation station menu?

lithium630
    Participant

Yes that’s exactly what happens.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmm, so when you press a button and it takes you to the blue menu in emulation station to choose a emulator for one game or all games. And you said that when you choose NESTopia that nothing loads from it. Do you add the roms by USB or via the network. And do the Roms work on other emulators if you have tried them. It almost sounds like something went odd on the image burn.

lithium630
    Participant

Looks like you were right about the image. I burned it again and it works great. Thanks for the replies.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Glad I could help, and its working for you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.