Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    matt1980
    Participant

Hi there,

Today i bought a model B Rasp Pi with the idea of running Retropie on it. Please excuse my ignorance as its all new to me but seem to be having a problem.

So, ive followed the tutorials on extracting the retropie image to an SD card etc etc and all seems well until i have to ‘f4’ back to the terminal to setup my controller. When i do this, all i see is a black screen. No terminal what so ever. Im presuming in my excitement ive missed something but any help would be greatly appreciated! Do i need to have one of the OS installed on the card also?

Kindest Regards,

Matt

Marcel Geratsch

Same probeme here since update of emulationstation v2. when quitting you get just a black screen. cant setup my wlan dongle to put roms on it now.

Marcel Geratsch

There is also the problem that tehere is no etc/network/interfaces file to setup a wlan dongle

InsecureSpike
    Participant

sometimes there is, i’ve had it show twice!

Mutex
    Participant

If you switch the tty (ctrl + alt + f2) and then switch back to the first one (ctrl + alt + f1) the terminal will be there. Seems like something goes wrong with closing emulationstation.

matt1980
    Participant

Hi there,

Sorry Mutex, do i do this after ive f4’d out of it? ive tried that and it still fails. I went into emulationstation rather than f4ing before starting it and my 9 month old boy decided to crawl over the keyboard and somehow im in the terminal for the moment. How i got there, i do not know!?!

petrockblog
    Keymaster

[quote=10465]If you switch the tty (ctrl + alt + f2) and then switch back to the first one (ctrl + alt + f1) the terminal will be there. Seems like something goes wrong with closing emulationstation.[/quote]
    Actually, it has nothing to do with EmulationStation, but with the splash screen during boot. This is a bug and can be overcome as stated above. Also, this will be fixed in the next release.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.