Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Emulation Station Themes No menu sound in simple theme?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sunjammer
    Participant

I have updated my installation of Retropie. Now I am looking at the new Emulationstation 2.0. Nice! :)

But I do not hear any menu sounds.. Maybe it is a dumb question: Are there any menu sounds in the simple theme at the moment?

d3rax
    Participant

I also don’t have sound in the menu (I do have sounds in the emulators). According to this thread https://github.com/Aloshi/EmulationStation/issues/130 there should be menu sound.

I tried the suggestions in the above thread but they did not work for me…

sunjammer
    Participant

The thread you have mentioned is from 2013. It refers to Emulationstation 1.0 I guess.

In the older version of Emulationstation there were sound effects in the menu. I can confirm that. But with Emulationsstation 2.0 and the theme “Simple” I miss sound effects in the menu. Perhaps sound is possible but it is not implemented in the theme script?

nilsbyte
    Participant

At the moment there is no menu sound defined in the simple theme as of version 1.4. We first have to implement various points where sounds can be played, for instance launching a game or going back to the systems screen. It will be in one of the next releases of ES. Stay tuned!

fireslayer26
    Participant

sudo sed -i ‘s#<textlist name=”gamelist”>#<textlist name=”gamelist”>\n\t\t\t<scrollSound>./sounds/coin.wav</scrollSound>#g’ /etc/emulationstation/themes/simple/simple.xml && sudo sed -i ‘s#.zip .ZIP##g’ /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg && sudo sed -i ‘s#<extension>#<extension>.zip .ZIP #g’ /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.