Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I got a Raspberry Pi B+ the other day and downloaded RetroPi and am using EumlationStation. I’ve ran the setup by selecting Option #2 and selected everything, which after hours 16 hours, it caused Emulationstation to not work. Afer the second time of it not working, :), I just selected the Mame4all_pi option and also ran the script to update. At this point all of the other emulators work, but Mame does not.

I’ve seen some other posts about items to try, but so far nothing has seemed to work. My questions are:

1. How do I find out what Romset my mame file is?
    2. I’ve been through my es_systems.cfg, but haven’t make any changes to it.
    3. Are there any test mame sample .37b5 files that are known to work so I can try it and help narrow down the issue?

Floob

This may help:

In terms of the base build, I’d just use 2.4.2 and not update it, the image is ready to go as is.

muldoon
    Participant

Thanks. I’ll take a look into clrmamepro.

I’m currently using a fresh install of RetroPieImage_ver2.3. I tried the newer RetroPieImage_ver2.4 version, but it doesn’t have the GUI for startx… I’ll see about updating from 2.3 to 2.4.

Floob

2.3 should work fine, but there isnt really a burning need to update the binaries – just use the image as it comes.

muldoon
    Participant

The clrmamepro program fixed it!

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.