Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie No Keyboard or PS3 Functionality after Imaging with Win32DiskImager

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    HoustoneD
    Participant

If this issue/solution is already posted, please forgive me, as i have searched several ways and cannot find the answer i need.

So, i have laid down a fresh image of RetroPie 3.2.1 using Win32DiskImager on my Win7 64 machine.

I have added Kodi 15, connected my wireless, configured my PS3 Remotes, set custom splash screen, etc, etc, etc.

Now time to make a backup image of my work. Pop the SD card out of my Pi2, into the Win7 machine. Create an image of my SD card using Win32DiskImager.

I have several spare SD cards laying around, so i write the image to one of them using Win32DiskImager.

Great! All done! …at least i though so.

Splash screen comes up, everything looks god. Not even a prompt to configure an input device. Perfect!

Nope. Keyboard and PS3 Controller are unresponsive. I PuTTY into my Pi2 and run lsusb.

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 148f:5370 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5370 Wireless Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 054c:0268 Sony Corp. Batoh Device / PlayStation 3 Controller
    Bus 001 Device 006: ID 046d:c52b Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver

All seems well. I am pretty sure the issue seems to be due to an incorrect ID.

Can these be refreshed, or after imaging do i have to setup inputs again? Whichever it may be, can i please get a little direction as to what i need to do from here? i am pretty handy with computers, so i dont necessarily need a play by play, but i will not frown upon one either.

Please help!

HoustoneD
    Participant

I let the system sit overnight. The next day I came back and the PS3 remote was working fine now.

Still the keyboard is unresponsive in the RetroPie GUI. Is there way to have keyboard and PS3 remote work in RetroPie GUI?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.