Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    myrmecophaga
    Participant

I’m playing Mole Mania on the regular GB emulator but decided I wanted to play it in color. I tried just putting the rom in the roms/gbc folder, renaming it so it has a .gbc extension. It shows up in the list and launches but is still greyscale. Is there a cfg file or launch option I have to set to enable color?

herbfargus

I don’t think you can just rename a ROM to make it in colour. You’d have two have 2 roms (just like you can’t take an old gameboy game and put it into a gameboy colour and expect it to be in colour) you’ll need 2 separate roms- one for the gameboy and one for the gameboy colour.

myrmecophaga
    Participant

Hmm, I thought you could just rename it to have a .gbc extension and the emulator would simulate color as if you had put an actual regular Game Boy cartridge in a Game Boy Color. I could’ve sworn I’ve done that with another emulator(s).

Alright, I see now that I need to enable this feature using “gb_colorization = enabled” for the Gambette emulator/librettogbc implementation.

Edit: Well, adding gb_colorization = enabled or gb_colorization = true in /opt/retropie/configs/gbc/retroarch.cfg doesn’t seem to work.

gizmo98
    Participant

There is a core option. Open RGUi with F1 or select+x and select colorization.

myrmecophaga
    Participant

[quote=89480]There is a core option. Open RGUi with F1 or select+x and select colorization.[/quote]

I’m not having any luck with this. Does it matter if installed RetroPie using the setup script and didn’t use the provided image?

EDIT: I see now that my emulationstation GUI controls are jacked.

EDIT: Well, I can set gb_colorization to enabled in /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-core-options.cfg for now.

P.S.: Mole mania is super rad. B)

jonogo
    Participant

[quote=89480]There is a core option. Open RGUi with F1 or select+x and select colorization.

[/quote]
    This worked swimmingly for me. Loaded GBC and had no color on color roms. Select + X => Options => core options => GBC Colorization.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.