Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Newbie confusion for Xbox config

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,

Great, fun distribution and I’m looking forward to playing with my son and showing him what gaming was like when I was much younger. He’s already attempted to show me the ‘real’ version of Frogger (ie a new one)

I’m now using on the Pi 1 the Version 3 beta 4 image (I’ve installed 2.6 and an earlier 3 beta). I have 2 wireless xbox 360 controllers and I’m having configuration difficulties.

I can’t seem to get them completely configured in retroarch, and they don’t seem to want to work in either MAME games or in Duke Nukem.

I’m conversant in linux, so it is much easier for me to cut and paste relevant config sections in nano than to go through the gui, etc – I have no idea which buttons are which on an xbox.

I’d like the keyboard to be active for those cases where needed (like game saves in Duke), but he and I want to use the xbox controllers for Duke, MAME, etc.

I can get the controller mostly configured using the graphical setup feature – although it still seems to trigger weird results on keypresses (leaves the MAME game selection and jumps to Atari (where we have no games) for example) as well as the problem of still needing more keypresses for enter/exit than exist. Google has led me to believe that these are set up as “double keystrokes”.

I’ve done my Googling and failed – can someone post snippets which I can cut and paste into [specified] files and then reboot and have a useful XBox controlled RetroPie?

Your help is appreciated – especially by the 10 year old patiently waiting.

Thanks.

Andrew

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just bumping my own thread to see if anyone has a solutions (ie just cut and paste your working config file(s) with the file name) so that I can do the same.

Thanks.

Andrew

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.