Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Newbie 2.3 issues: GBA Bios + Game Gear + Scraper

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    davidesm
    Participant

1. I have placed the gba_bios.bin in /opt/retropie/emulators/gpsp/raspberrypi/ but upon selecting a GBA rom it continues to load to the screen instructing me that I need the gba_bios in the gpSP folder and it should be blah blah bytes in size.

2. When selecting a Sega Game Gear rom it will go to a black screen for a few seconds then kick me right back to the game selection screen in the emulation station. Universal across every rom I have tried so far.

3. The emulation station built in scraper worked flawlessly for Atari and Gameboy, but fails to gather a single image or data on MAME, NES, SNES, GBA, GBC, Genesis, Master System, Game Gear. I will likely just try sselph’s scraper tonight, but checking here couldn’t hurt either.

Floob

Try putting the GBA bios here:
    /home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS
    /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gba

Odd that ES doesnt see the other systems. Do the roms show happily within EmulationStation itself – so to check if the rom extension is good?
    Perhaps it was a temporary network glitch and it would work if you tried again?

davidesm
    Participant

[quote=81968]Odd that ES doesnt see the other systems. Do the roms show happily within EmulationStation itself – so to check if the rom extension is good? Perhaps it was a temporary network glitch and it would work if you tried again?
    [/quote]
    It saw the other systems, but would fail to pull anything for each game. I tried to scrape for each system individually and it would sit on each game for 30ish seconds, then go to the next without finding anything.

The roms all appeared fine under each system and with the exception of the GBA and Game Gear, they were playing fine.

Perhaps it was something network related. Will try again tonight. If no luck, I will simply move on to sselph and hope that works.

Thanks for the bios suggestion as well.

sselph
    Participant

thegamesdb.net is currently down which might be the cause.

http://thegamesdb.net/api/GetGame.php?id=1

davidesm
    Participant

Well I screwed something else up, and instead of wasting an hour or two trying to figure out what I just started over from scratch. Reformatted the microSD and carried on.

And what do you know? Game Gear roms worked right from the start. And GBA games worked when I put the same gba_bios file, in the same location as I started with…

So… /shrug

But it is working now so I guess I will mark this one resolved.

NOcasio7
    Participant

i am quite new and i am still testing some waters and trying to make my retropie be all it can be. i have a question about the bios file…may be silly but where do i get it? currently i am doing two systems, one seems to be all sorts of screwy after i did something last night and the other seems to be working pretty well thus far but both have the gameboy advance bios file issue.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.