Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project New version of Intellivision emulator jzintv!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    byteknight
    Participant

I emailed the creator of jzintv, Joel Zbiciak, about the issue of jzintv crashing when trying to use a hackfile. He’s updated the source code, but I’m unable to get it to compile on my Pi. Can anyone else get it to compile? Here’s the link:

http://spatula-city.org/~im14u2c/intv/dl/jzintv-svn-20141028.zip

Another issue with jzintv is that there’s no way to get back to EmulationStation without rebooting. F1 just gives you a blank screen. Anyone got a workaround?

Thanks

dudleydes
    Participant

I have managed to get jzintv to compile, albeit on Raspbian but it should work in Retropie.

Here’s what I did.

1. Unzip the jzintv-svn folder and copy it to your pi.
    2. Change your working directory to jzintv-svn/src and edit Makefile.
    3. Change the line that reads

OPT_FLAGS = -O6 -fomit-frame-pointer -fprefetch-loop-arrays -msse #-DBENCHMARK_STIC
    to

OPT_FLAGS = -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -fprefetch-loop-arrays -march=armv6 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=vfp
    4. Run the command make.

Here are some links that I found useful.

jzintv Thread at Raspberry Pi forum

Instructions to compile jzintv and integrate it into existing Retropie install

[Edit]

I made my earlier post when jzintv was compiling (which took about 30 minutes) but there is one more step to run jzintv, at least in Raspbian. I think, in Retropie, you should be able to get jzintv to run by editing the es_systems.cfg file

You need to edit the .bashrc file which is in your home directory. At the bottom, add the following lines:

export PATH=$HOME/jzintv-svn/bin:$PATH
    export JZINTV_ROM_PATH=$HOME/jzintv-svn/rom
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.