Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all – I’ve been setting up and playing with RetroPie for a while now and have a few questions!

I can see there is a new RC image released – can I upgrade my existing setup or do I need to wipe the card and start again?

Is there a way of reconfiguring the buttons for RetroPie – like I did the first time I started the software?

Is there a way of paging up and down in a long ROM list, MAME for instance?

Is there a way of creating a favourite list? Ideally a single list that kicks off the correct emulator i.e. the list could contain some FBA games, some megadrive games etc.

When I configure any settings in retroarch via the in game menu (screen ratio for instance) when I come back at a later date this settings are gone – What is the correct process for doing this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance I get!

herbfargus

1: I find it easiest to just start from a fresh image. You can try a full binary install from the retropie setup script (after updating the setup script) but there is no guarantee the configurations will carry over.

2. Press start in emulationstation and in the menu there is an option to configure controls like you did when it booted. It creates configs for retroarch and emulation station. You can configure things for only retroarch from the retropie menu or the setup script as well.

3. The favourites list is something a lot of people have requested but would need to be integrated into emulation station. Closest you’ll get for now is the most played variable from your gamelist (which I think you can sort from the start menu in emulation station)

4. I’m not super familiar with the rgui but I’m pretty sure there Is at least one setting in it you have to change to tell it to save settings on exit or something like that.

Floob

Yes, all as herbfargus has said really.

It depends on which current version of RetroPie you are running to how successful the upgrade will be, coming from 2.6 will almost certainly bring issues – its a much better idea then just to start with a fresh image.

If you want to tweak your controller settings over and above the setup that EmlationStation can now offer you, you can find your retroarch based controller settings in /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads/

To page up and down in ES, you can use the shoulder buttons on the controller.

To “correctly” (I put that in quotes as there isnt really a correct way), I tend to save as you have done in RGUI – this will produce a brand new file in /opt/retropie/configs/{systemname}/

Do this with and without your tweaks (a second file ending in -1 will be produced. Then use a file compare process to see the changes – there will likely only be a few lines different.
    Then take those lines and add them to /opt/retropie/configs/{systemname}/retroarch.cfg

Or an easier way would be to rename the file generated above by RGUI to retroarch.cfg, but I wouldnt recommend that as it will screw with the way RetroPie wants to read things.

If you are feeling brave, you can try my video editing tool which will do it (change your video res) for you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.