Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Has anyone added playon and/or playlater to kodi so netfix and amazon instant video can play on their retropie setup?

If you have, can you give a rundown on what it’s like and what the resolution is like.

(I do know that you stream from another computer on your network to kodi)

emoni
    Participant

Is this even within the realm of RetroPie?

kmhamel
    Participant

Well……since the binary is offered in the experimental section of retropie_setup.sh……

What do you think of Steam games (limelight)…..retro?

To answer my own question, Playlater works great, res is HD and streams very well. As for Playon, I will give it a try as soon as I get the MPeg license.

The only problem so far is that Emulationstation goes to sleep when you are watching a movie. When you exit out of kodi you just get a black screen and have to shut down the pi and restart.

kmhamel
    Participant

Here’s an update: Playon works really well and even streams in 720p.

If you want to turn your Pi into an entertainment center, so far this is the way to go.

ceuse
    Participant

[quote=93265]
    The only problem so far is that Emulationstation goes to sleep when you are watching a movie. When you exit out of kodi you just get a black screen and have to shut down the pi and restart.
    [/quote]

If you got a way to fix this i would be glad. im suffering from this problem aswell (or a way to completly reboot the pi out of kodi)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.