• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jimmifett
    Participant

Running 2.6.0 on an rpi2.
    Trying to get Star Tropics working under NES, updated Retropie script, installed Nestopia, now emulation station keep throwing an error for all NES games.

/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh: line 203: _SYS_: command not found

steps from fresh image installation:

apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    Retropie-Setup/retropie_setup.sh
    Update Retropie Script (installs some xml thing)
    reboot
    Retropie-Setup/retropie_setup.sh
    Install individuals emulators from bin or source
    lr-nestopia
    binary
    rebooot

attempt to run any NES game, get above error.

Many thanks,

-Jim

Floob

Does that game not work under /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/nes/?

jimmifett
    Participant

Star Tropics 1/2 use MMC6 vs MMC3. Apparently some emulators have problems with this. Star Tropics for instance, get stuck at name registration, making game unplayable. Nestopia supposedly has this working.

gizmo98
    Participant

@oldchocobo
    There is a color palette core option.

@all
    RetroPie-Setup script was massively overhauled last week. I think we have reached a point of no return for retropie 2.6.0 images. It is necessary to do at least a binary update before you can do source based installations again. A binary update can overwrite all of your changes. So please think twice before you do a binary update. Always do a backup before you update.

cacophony555
    Participant

@gizmo98, perhaps it’s time for a new image to be released ?

jimmifett
    Participant

Performed a full binary installation, seemed to fix the error message I was getting.

Unfortunately, still having issues with star tropics. Load the lr-nestopia core, load the rom, and it totally freaks out.

Perhaps star tropics will just not be playable, unless someone else can get it working with fceumm.

taalas
    Participant

I ran into the same problems when updating/installing lr-genesis-plus-gx.

I previously had updated ES and the simple theme, installing emulator cores breaks es_systems.cfg due to the new emulator choosing mechanics I think.

If I perform a binary update (meaning the first point in the setup script, right?) what do I loose in terms of configuration?

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any update to this? I get the same issue when running a binary update on Snes9x-next

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.