Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project NES Troubleshooting – Slow Roms, Erratic Input

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jplaj
    Participant

I’ve been having odd problems with the NES emulator since I updated to the newest installation. These problems affect random roms, but it always affects the same roms in the same way.

Basically, I have two different issues. Either the rom runs slowly, or there will be some specific controller input problem (one game won’t let me use the “start” command on the opening screen but has no problem if I load a game from a save state, another acts as though I’m constantly pressing the left button). Not all roms have trouble, but all the problematic roms are NES roms.

I understand that the NES emulator is part of Retroarch, but is there something NES-specific I might be able to fix or update that might clear up these issues?

Thanks

doanerock
    Participant

I think I might be having similar issues. I am curious when you run “top” how much %CPU does emulationstatio use when idle?

I am also having issues with screen resolution since upgrading also, but I will make a separate post for that.

jplaj
    Participant

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by running “top,” or how to check the CPU while idling.

doanerock
    Participant

just type “top” on the command line, and hit enter, to enter the command. That command will list all your processes in order of how much CPU they use.

jplaj
    Participant

Looks like about 1%

doanerock
    Participant

jplaj sounds good, because according to this bug report that is what retropie should be running at idle %1.

https://github.com/Aloshi/EmulationStation/issues/48#issuecomment-15118136

While I am not having as much luck currently to get it to run at the correct 1%. I would appreciate some help getting my CPU usage down.

rampagehtc
    Participant

I have same problem with “start” button for the game’s(super mario bros rom) first run after a boot\reboot . But the problem disappears after I play in contra rom.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.