Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,
    I use the standard NES emulator and one problem I keep having is, that it is running painfully slow compared to most other emulators (SNES, Genesis etc).
    This is caused, I believe, by the resolution for NES beein higher than for the other emulators. The way I noticed this is, that when I save during gameplay in NES I can read the whole text of “Saved state to slot #0”. While e.g. playing SNES the text is much bigger to begin with, runs across the whole width of the screen and I can only read half the text.
    So, how can I change the resolution for the NES emulator? Or is there another way to fix this problem??

And is there any way to save on Mame, using mame4allpi?? I googeld it but couldn´t come up with anything usefull.

thank you

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey there.

By default the config for NES is mode 4.
    # starttype==4: set video mode to 720p60
    Many of the other emulators are setup for VGA only mode which is starttype==1

I haven’t actually tried adjusting this as my NES seems to run fine.

The config file is located here: /home/pi/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg
    Scroll down to this line – DESCNAME=Nintendo Entertainment System and you will find this line
    COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 4 "/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin/retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/fceu-next/fceumm-code/fceumm_libretro.so --config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/nes/retroarch.cfg %ROM%"

If you change runcommand.sh 4 to runcommand.sh 1, I believe that will change the video output mode, although I have tested this, just a guess that it will work but I assume that the emulator supports 480p output.

sewersurfer
    Participant

I just tried this and it works perfectly fine now. So much better than before!

Thank you

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi that directory doesn’t seem to be there in v2.3… could you please help me locate the file?

update:
    /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.