Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project NES emulation slow, SNES music is off-tune

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lolerzz
    Participant

So hello everyone! I have this tiny problem with NES emulation, when some games like freeze for half a second like it wanted to load up the rest of the game, it’s really annoying sometimes, noone likes choppy gameplay ;) any ideas how to fix that?
    Also few problems with SNES emulation – music seems really off-tune, it’s annoying cause I love FF6 soundtrack and this sound is just hurting my ears… any ideas on this?
    Thanks in advance.

cacophony555
    Participant

For NES, what roms reproduce the issue for you? I haven’t seem it for any roms I’ve tried (mainly the popular ones like Zelda, Super Mario Bros, Metroid, etc).

For SNES music, here’s the explanation:
    http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=496411#p496411

lolerzz
    Participant

Thanks for the explaination of SNES sound. If you could try to play a rom Doki Doki Yuuenchi at the end of first stage there are massive slowdowns with baloon monkeys and at the second stage where you ride roller coaster if you press b all the time for boost it cracks a lot.

…really there’s no way to get 100% accurate snes sound? ;/

kitchuk
    Participant

For some snes games you might need to overclock a little to get better sound.

lolerzz
    Participant

Kitchuk, I’m on highest overclock setting with heatsinks. Game is 100% the speed of soundtrack is correct too it’s just that it’s off tune like if they didn’t tuned the instruments, it’s a total cacophony (ironically as the guy above has that username LOL

NES brief freezes question remains open.

cacophony555
    Participant

Often times emulators are written to work for the most popular games primarily, and issues with more obscrure or demanding games are not addressed. It sounds like the default Retroarch FCEUX NES core does not work well with Doki Doki Yuuenchi. I’d suggest trying one of the alternative NES emulators, though I don’t think any of them are packaged with RetroPie so you’d have to do some manual work. I know there are some other options but I haven’t tried them.

lolerzz
    Participant

well, I have problems with almost every rom. Like Micro Machines on NES glitch on character choose screen. Lethal Weapon suffers slowdowns. Basically every game is like that. Also I’ve had psx emu work super good with 2,5d games like Castlevania and now for every game the audio is stuttering rendering listening to it impossible. It was after I’ve reinstalled retropie this like broke down or something.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.