Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have everything setup with controllers and power and everything is working great. Basically I’m just a gutted NES. The problem I’m running into is there is a clear stutter or frameskip occurring in all the games.

I don’t know if this is a retroarch problem or a memory split problem but if anyone has advice on how to optimize the pi for NES emulation it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, what has been built so far is amazing.

kitchuk
    Participant

Couple of things you could do. First set the pi to a lower resolution. If you have it set to 1080p then it’s going to take a performances hit so lower it to 720p or even 480p. The next major thing would be to overclock the pi to 900Mhz (medium) as this should eleviate any stutter problems. You could also try updating the pis firmware which could improve overall performance. Also try going into the retroarch config file and see if there is anything you can edit to improve performance, like sample rate etc. Play around with it settings and see if you can ‘fine tune’ it. Important! Make a backup of your sd card image, then if something goes wrong you can roll back to your backup. Saved me numerous times!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.