Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey Guys.
    I bought a retropie HD setup for my wife for xmas so she can play all the games she used to when she was a kid. The link below shows which unit it was.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RetroPie-32GB-Wireless-Game-Console-Nintendo-NES-SNES-N64-Sega-Raspberry-Pi-2-/201400244095?hash=item2ee463d77f:g:mCUAAOSweuxWSTuq

I have managed to get most things working as the majority was set up by the seller. The wireless PS3 controllers work. I connected the unit via wireless dongle to add games etc. I had a wireless microsoft keyboard that I connected and works fine. But there are some things I can’t work out and have no idea where to start.

1: Can’t get any C64 game to work. I realised I needed the keyboard to get in to a few games once they loaded, but no controls work. Not the PS3 controller, or any of the keyboard keys. Do I have to buy an old C64 controller with a usb adapter for it to work??

2: The graphics seem wayyy tooo pixelated in emulators such as master system and mega drive. I am using it on a LG 60inch plasma tv. I know the bigger the tv the more grainy it can look. But is there a way of lowering the display settings in the unit or TV?? Or is there a setting to make it just a little more crisp??

3: I can’t seem to get any MAME game to work. Everything I have downloaded and copied in to the mame-mame4all rom folder (in WinRar Zip files), they show up on the main mame emulator menu to play, but none of them do. What I am I doing wrong???

Sorry if I have asked too many questions in a thread. But this is really frustrating me… and it was easier to post all my problems rather than trying to work out where the right place for each question would be.

This is really doing my head in :-(

Any help would be appreciated guys.

herbfargus

Well for starters the seller you bought it from is selling retropie illegally, you could have saved some money and made it yourself with about the same level of effort seeing as retropie is free.

I don’t care much for people who profit off of our work.

1: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Commodore-64

2: try messing with retroarch setting s (video_smooth=true or something close to that in /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg) also mess with you TV settings

3: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Managing-ROMs

shades42
    Participant

Regarding your mame issues, the #3 post of Herbfargus will go a long way to getting you to where you need to be for compatibility and his tutorial on clearmamepro does a great job of helping you get the zips/roms you have to where they need to be for the version required.

I just wanted to point out that its worth looking at the scanner results as he said it does tell you what you are missing and you might find what you have doesn’t have everything required.

Another option worth looking at is if you tried the default mame4all and it didn’t load the game, try again and when the run command option to press a button first pops up, hit a key on your keyboard ( or joystick ) and you can select a default mame emulator for that particular rom.

I had some that would not work with mame4all but did work with the other options available.

mecarzabitrusty
    Participant

Thanks for all your replies.

Only after I bought the unit I know realise I could have done it all myself. But I’m not going to dwell on that.
    Got the gamepad working for the C64 games. Will work on the rest when I get the chance.
    Cheers :-)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.