Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Need help with MAME roms that need BIOS 0.133 wont work

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rhino224
    Participant

Pretty much all in the title, I have MAME roms working on my setup currently but when I try to use roms that have BIOS 0.133 recommended to use with them, I cannot for the life of me get them to work, no matter what I do with the BIOS or what folder I put it in! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

robotplayboy
    Participant

Hey the only working mames on retropie right now are 0.37b5 and 0.106.

If you use mame-advmame you use 106, if you use mame-mame4all you use 0.37b5. 0.133 games will not work.

Floob

This link and video may help:

(Link shows what version of MAME works with which emulator – details at bottom of wiki)
    https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Managing-ROMs

You will see in link above that fba-libretro can use romsets from 2014, so pretty recent.

rhino224
    Participant

Ok awesome thank you guys! That makes so much more sense now. I will watch that video tonight. Now Ill just have to look and see if i cant find my games in the correct ROM version

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.