Homepage Forums Community General discussion Need Help Optimising

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Carl
    Participant

Noticing quite a bit of lag on snes games such as doom and wolfenstein, along with pretty much every 32x games, even 2d games like Knuckle’s chaotix. I know it’s not due to the Pi’s processing power as it runs the freeware version of Doom that comes pre-installed with RetroPie runs just fine, so can anyone help me optimise my Pi to run these games?

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
    Oveclocked via raspi-config too 900MHz
    Memory split: 512

Carl
    Participant

Sorry for the bad grammar, hope you still understand the post, I should also mention that I do not have that much RPI knowledge and have only owned my Pi for a couple of weeks

brooksyx
    Participant

[quote=64156]Noticing quite a bit of lag on snes games such as doom … I know it’s not due to the Pi’s processing power as it runs the freeware version of Doom that comes pre-installed with RetroPie runs just fine …
    [/quote]

Just fyi, that logic is incorrect. Freeware doom was ported to the Pie so it runs natively and it is a fairly light application. The SNES version of Doom is probably on of the worst versions of the game and you are emulating the SNES, which already does not run at fullspeed most of the time to play the game. Not the same.

Carl
    Participant

OK thanks in that case do you have any tips for further optimisation?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.