Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all, I’m making a thread since I couldn’t find my answer through the forums search engine. This is my third GPIO adapter that I’ve worked with, but this is the only one that is using NES controllers rather than SNES controllers. Similar to how I’ve wired the SNES controllers, I’ve purchased two NES controllers and two NES extention cables to splice and solder on to the 10 wire cable that connects to the adapter. I’m not sure if it’s just the cables I have, but the NES cable seems to have 2 more wires hooked up to the connector compared to the SNES which uses only 5 wires. I’m wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as to how to wire these NES cables up, rather than SNES cables? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

mohillsk8
    Participant

bumping this thread, This project I need help on is for a Gallery I’m hosting next month in order to receive my degree. I REALLY need help on this please.

zourn
    Participant

I keep trying to post but they’re not showing up. Pins 4/6 (bottom two on short column) are Data 2 and Data 3. They are not used with the normal controllers so they can be disregarded for your project.
    The reason the extension cord has them wired is that the Zapper and other odd peripherals do use those Data lines.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.