Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone, and sorry for being a bit thick in the skull as I’ve found some discussion about this issue while googling the net, but those suggestions aren’t working for me.

I have a Raspberry Pi 2 with Retropie 3 beta 4 installed on it and I want to put Street Fighter III on it. I have the ROM and placed it on the fba folder and it didn’t work. When I checked the log in the tmp folder, it mentioned a missing driver.

I created an fba-libretro folder (as there wasn’t one in the image I downloaded) and placed the zip file there as well and there was no new FBA LibRetro entry or anything similar to that.

I tried to run the one in the fba folder once more but pressed the x on my keyboard when it was loading to pop up the emulation options menu and I chose to use the lr-fba option for it but it didn’t work either.

That’s when I started searching around and while visiting the github page, I noticed that it said to place fba-libretro games in the neogeo folder. I tried that as well and it didn’t work either.

Errors on the log file are:

RetroArch [ERROR] :: rarch_log_libretro :: [libretro ERROR] :: [FBA] Cannot find driver.
    RetroArch [ERROR] :: load_content :: Failed to load content.

Any suggestions?

I loaded the ROM on a zip file that contains an iso; not sure if that’s the problem.

charco
    Participant

Just sent you a PM.

silverthornne
    Participant

That worked. Thanks!

Floob

For RetroPie 3 beta 4, you just use the roms/fba folder – and press x as the game starts to make sure you choose lr-fba (as opposed to pifba).

Sounds like you are sorted now though.
    Here is the full list of games that will work with fba-libretro
    https://github.com/libretro/fba-libretro/blob/master/svn-current/trunk/gamelist.txt

herbfargus

I’ve updated the wiki (https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/FinalBurn-Alpha) to include the gamelist floob shared and clarified the rompaths (fba roms can be placed in either the fba or neogeo folder) Thanks for pointing those things out.

charco
    Participant

Out of curiosity, can you exit lr-fba using your hotkey + exit (select + start in my case) as I am unable to do this and have been troubleshooting the issue with Floob for weeks.

I have my Neo Geo roms in the Neo Geo folder as opposed to the fba folder, that wouldn’t have any affect on it would it?

Floob

For lr-fba I get around the issue by using a different hotkey enable (left shoulder in my case)

Maybe others have got around it a different way.

silverthornne
    Participant

I’ve only tried SFIII on libretro and I can exit by pressing start and select though I’ve found several posts with problems exiting libretro games. I’m using a Madcatz SFIV fightpad.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.