Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project need help – cant find es-input

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    scorp-ius
    Participant

Hi! I am a Linux noob an know nothing about it.

so I have some problems and I think its time to ask for some help.

What I got till now:
    RetroPie 1.9.1 is installed on a 8GB Class10 SD. runs fine.
    Emulationstation works fine, I was able to switch between emulators and played some games. great! :)
    I managed (still wondering how :D) to change PIL into Image in the Scraper’s cfg, so the resizing of the images should have worked now.

This are my problems:
    in the same menu, where I started the scraper I choose an option which resetted(?) the ES Controller? Dont remember the exact phrase. now i can’t use my Pad in ES.
    PS: I think it was “Update my Controller” or similar

I know/think I have to delete ES-input.cfg.

BUT! I cant find it. Where is this &%$&/$ ES-input :P

Please could someone help me out?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had a similar problem just now. I’m backing up my roms folders (don’t want to have to re-run es-scraper! Had to do the same PIL/Image text line change that you did).

In my case, I couldn’t find ES-input.cfg either. I had to run this from commandline:
    rm /home/pi/.emulationstation/es_input.cfg

Emulationstation will run you through the initial controller setup the next time you run it.

run
    emulationstation

But weirdly, after doing this I no longer see all menus in emulationstation. It cycles NES -> SNES -> RetroArch Input config, and then it just stays on that “Input” screen. Been playing with my install a lot, now I know what I want, so I’m just reinstalling anyway.

scorp-ius
    Participant

hi! thanks for you reply

so I will try exact this line:
    rm /home/pi/.emulationstation/es_input.cfg

right? can’tdo this right now ;) but in a few hours I will do it :D

are this some kind of “hidden” folders? because i cant browse them with “ls” or “cd” commands.

scorp-ius
    Participant

thank you. it helped :)
    I really don’t understand where all those folders are and why I cant browse them – but what ever it works again. and I don’t want to ( and obviously never will) become a Linux pro… :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Scorp-ius!

I’m glad it worked. I rarely use linux, and am sort of getting back into it to play with emulation. Fun, isn’t it?

I believe that when there is a . at the beginning of a folder name, it is hidden. I could be wrong.

RetroMarine
    Participant

If you’re using cyberduck, just go to /home/pi/.emulationstation and go to view, check mark Show Hidden Files. It should be right there. Easy day.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.