Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Ideas for Further Enhancements Native Linux Games and Software

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    petrockblog
    Keymaster

Idea: Generate a wide range of packages that will install and integrate automatically with EmulationStationS. There are however a limited selection of software that is shell only to choose from.

An option would be to add X11 software. Alternatively, LXDE can be removed completely.

toddforester
    Participant

i think it would be great to be able to add my own games (if i get around to doing it on the pi, ive made games on psp(Lua) and then moved on to pc with various languages) but lets say i make pong in python with pygame or c++ with sdl would it even be possible to add them into emulationstation?

gizmo98
    Participant

We already use X applications like basiliskii without LXDE with XINIT <application> or STARTX <application>. There should be a new scriptmodule because emulators.shinc and libretrocores.shinc don’t fit. Any idea? applications.shinc, games.shinc?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

What about “xapplications.shinc”?

theturnipking
    Participant

<quote>lets say i make pong in python with pygame or c++ with sdl would it even be possible to add them into emulationstation?</quote>

Should be possible. Cave Story runs natively on the Pi. You’d probably just want go into .emulationstation/es_systems.cfg and create a new entry using the Cavestory one as a starting point before eventually pointing it at your own game.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.