Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    newbee12345
    Participant

I was wondering if there was any way to make the ROMs run a bit smoother. I’ve used both the libreto and mupen64plus versions and they are still a tad buggy. A few games that I’ve had issues with specifically are Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadium 2, and LOZ: Ocarina of Time. I can’t get them to run as smoothly as in this youtube vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRYS2qlFrCo

Any thoughts?

zeroedout
    Participant

Assuming you’re on a PI2, you’ve overclocked, you’ve checked you power adapter to ensure it’s giving the PI the full 2A it needs, and you’ve updated to the latest retropie 3.0, and you’ve tried using the gles2n64 (something along those lines) renderer (tends to be faster and more accurate for me, though less games work): the only thing I can think of is doing a source install of lr-mupen to get the latest version.

newbee12345
    Participant

I’ve clocked the pi to the highest safe level, the mode that it is standard I believe. I’m relatively new at this, so I’m not sure on how to use the gles2n64 renderer, or how to source install lr-mupen. But updating should be relatively simple.

rotarum
    Participant

What is the difference installing by Source or by Binary ??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.