Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! N64 "issue" not loading

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    slighty
    Participant

Hey

I managed to get N64 games working, GoldenEye, Waveracer and Diddy Kong racing however they were at best very “laggy”. I had a look at the video and didn’t tweak too much but must have changed something important …as NOW

when I load a game I get 2 brief messages displayed, both alluding to the mupen64plus video Mode. See PDF attached.

if i do “press a button” (as described in image 1) it takes me to the config where i have 8 options Select video default for Mupen64plus (see image 2) ..on closing i get a message saying it is “powering on with HDMI” (picture 3…apologies for the bad quality this message is quick.)

After a pause it return to the EmulationStation N64 area.

I am no expert but i have clearly tweaked a video setting that it doesn’t like, although in fairness i don’t remember doing this. AS I say the N64 was laggy so i used Floob’s video to set up the Mupen64 path properly.

PI model: 2 B+
    Retro Pie image: 3

Any advice is as always welcomed.

gizmo98
    Participant

I would update retropie. RetroPie 3.2.1 has more mupen64plus options and a better video plugin.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.