Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project N64 Emulator that can use retroarch.cfg and dgenrc?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lin00bix
    Participant

My question is how do I get my controller working for N64 games which can be entered using the controller but can’t be started or controlled?

My single retrolink snes controller works in all emulators except for mupen64plus.

I understand that mupen64plus does not use the RetroArch core.

Problem is the file to edit as directed here:
    http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/wiki/ControllerSetup
    does not exist at /usr/local/share/mupen64plus OR at /usr/share/mupen64plus

mupen64plus.cfg is located at /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/mupen64plus-rpi and there is InputAutoCfg.ini file located at /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/mupen64plue-rpi/test

Does anyone have a link to files I can use for this controller or can someone help me get this set up so it works?

whise
    Participant

the only n64 emulator that works on linux and rpi is mupen64plus. This is not a retroarch core, thus it uses its own config files.

To configure your controler search for the InputAutoCfg.ini file in the /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatores/mupen64-plusrpi folder

Sorry cant help you any further

lin00bix
    Participant

Thanks for the response

Like I said I had found the files but InputAutoCfg.ini is located at this path in my installation:
    /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/mupen64plue-rpi/test/

Do you know if I need to edit both that file and also mupen64plus.cfg located at /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/mupen64plus-rpi to have the same settings?

I am also wondering if InputAutoCfg.ini needs to be moved from the current path and into /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/mupen64plus-rpi instead?

I did find that my wireless keyboard is working for the one game I have in the n64 ROMS folder (Mario Kart) but I need settings for snes controller.

Can anyone give details for this?

whise
    Participant

In my case i edited both the InputAutoCfg.ini and the mupen64plus.cfg (in /home/pi/RetroPie/.config/mupen64plus or /home/pi/.config/mupen64plus cant remember). I just added my own specific joypad name.

you dont need to move /test is the right folder

lin00bix
    Participant

Thanks whise

When you say you “added your own specific joypad name” does this mean you added a name of your choosing or is there some way to get the name of the joypad from mupen64plus output when it is starting? I have read that you can register your control but don’t think I’ve done that – is this how you get the name of the controller?

Will be looking into this later today – gotta be honest – this whole configure joysticks thing confuses the hell out of me but I’ll do some trial and error.

I’ll see how I go and hope that in the meantime you can answer my couple of questions here and/or someone else may come along and shed some more light on this for me.

whise
    Participant

Yes you need to add the name of the joypad. When you start the rpi you will notice the name of the USB joypad in the startup log. The name must be exactly the same in the InputAutoCfg.ini.

Example:

[2AXES 10KEYS JOYPAD]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.