Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rififi
    Participant

Hello,

this is my first post on this forum.

I’ll make it quick. I installed Retropie, ran the setup script, and everything seems to work well. However, I uploaded Zelda oot and super mario 64 on my pi, and tried to start the games. The games work on my computer, with mupen64 plus.
    But they don’t launch on the pi. The screen comes back to the selection of the games almost immediately.

Is it a known issue ?

Hi again

proxycell
    Participant

well mario64 should work actually, i dunno about zelda right now

did you run the “Update Binaries” option in the retropie setup script?

rififi
    Participant

Yep I did. It changed nothing.

proxycell
    Participant

hmm, ok, i will suggest a few more things now:

1. memory split set to 256/256?
    2. overclocked to the highest setting? (Turbo)
    3. if those still don’t work, go into /etc/emulationstation/ and edit the file es_systems.cfg and look at the N64 block

i believe there are two different N64 emulation options in there, one is commented out, comment out the first one and then uncomment out the other, try that? :S

gizmo98
    Participant

There are two N64 emulators at the moment. Mupen64plus and mupen64plus-libretro. Both emulators can be installed with the current RetroPie-Setup. Every emulator has issues. Mupen64plus is hard to configure and it is impossible to disable this emulator if it is started from emulationstation. Mupen64plus-libretro should be more compatible but is even slow at 1GHz OC.

Just disable emulationstation with “F4”, update RetroPie-Setup and install one emulator with RetroPie-Setup:
    Press F4

cd RetroPie-Setup
    sudo git pull
    sudo ./retropie_setup.sh

Select Experimental Packages

rififi
    Participant

Hi, sorry for the delay, I don’t get email notifications from this forum.

There is actually only one block for the N64 in /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg:

<system>
        <fullname>Nintendo 64</fullname>
        <name>n64</name>
        <path>~/RetroPie/roms/n64</path>
        <extension>.z64 .Z64 .n64 .N64 .v64 .V64</extension>
        <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 1 "/opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin/retroarch -L  --config /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /opt/retropie/configs/n64/retroarch.cfg   %ROM%"</command>
        <platform>n64</platform>
        <theme>n64</theme>
      </system>

Do I have to install the 2 emulators to have 2 blocks ?

gizmo98
    Participant

No. RetroPie-Setup overrides the whole block if you build and install an emulator.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.