Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! N64 Emulator Not Working

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jonnyalpha
    Participant

Hi;

I have added an N64 ROM to my Retropie setup and N64 is now available in the Emulation Station GUI. I have 1 x ROM (Mariokart64) however when I select it the screen goes to a command prompt screen with some messages about pressing a key to configure launch options, then is says success and then at the bottom of the screen a message appears in yellow saying I have an XBOX PAD v2 controller (which I do) then back to the commmand prompt messages and then it quits back to the Emulation Station GUI?

I tried a different ROM for Mariokart 64 and it works but the graphics and sound are terrible.

I am using a Pi Zero? is this to slow? Or can I change any configuration?

jonnyalpha
    Participant

Just plugged the SD Card into a Pi 2 and whilst it ran a lot better the graphics when choosing in game menus are all corrupted. Once in the race itself the graphics are OK just dont have a fire button!! :-(

dankcushions
    Participant

pi zero is probably too slow to run anything other that mario 64 nicely. pi2 doesn’t do much better.

menus are corrupt in rice plugin for mario kart 64. try glesn64 plugin. to change plugins: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/runcommand

select is the default fire (Z trigger) button. to change config: https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/Nintendo-64

jonnyalpha
    Participant

Thanks for the info on configuring – i’ll give it a go.

Surely Retropie was made for the Raspberry Pi but is it just that N64 games need a little more umph? Pi 2 Quad Core 1Ghz should be OK?

zerojay
    Participant

N64 is hit or miss. Some games work well, some games do not. Some games work well with certain options enabled or under a different emulator, some do not.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.