Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jordanmacd
    Participant

I setup Retropie on my model B Raspberry Pi, Everything went smooth up until now. I had transferred some N64 ROMs via SFTP and they showed up, I ran one to test it and it worked. After this I removed it and added a different one that I actually wanted to play and they arent showing up. There is no N64 screen present at all. I tried a few things but they wont work. Can anyone help?

stef1234
    Participant

Hello everybody

I think it is because of the fileformat. The emu wants .n64 Files but some of the roms are .v64

Change that with filemanager and it should work.

roquen
    Participant

v64 files should be supported and recognized. Mine are, anyway. The only thing I can think is to make sure that the path in your es_systems file is the path that you’re putting the roms.

Default path is

~/RetroPie/ROMS/N64/

vinny123
    Participant

what file needs to be modified in order to have emulation station list the v64 files? I opened up a bunch of cfg files but could not see a list of supported extensions… Sorry… total newb. Thanks!

Job

Changing the file extensions to N64 works

zSprawl

I had to change the accepted extensions in the ~\.emulationstation\es_system.log to allow for v64, but it really doesn’t matter since n64 emulation on a Pi is horrible……

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.