Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gusgmb
    Participant

I am having trouble with a Retrolink N64 Usb controller.

I tried running the retroarch controller config via script, but i can’t figure out wich default retroarch button mapping pairs with the N64 style buttons. Or in other words, how the core treats the Z and C buttons.

The script asks for L2, R2, etc. buttons but never asks for an C UP.

Also, in-game when I press Z the emulators keeps alternating control mode “default and alternate” I don’t want this to happen.

Anyone have success configuring it?

Here are how retropie maps my controller.

B 8
    A 6
    START 9
    Z 7
    C UP 0
    C RIGHT 1
    C DOWN 2
    C LEFT 3
    L 4
    R 5 

Thanks for the help.

phoenix
    Participant

The Retroarch configuration will only work with the libretto emulator, which in my experience, is not optimal for N64.

You can modify/edit/check the Retroarch config – it is kept in opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs/ (I think – I cant check, as I’m on the road). If you use the MUPEN64PLUS emulator, then the config file is in the InputAuto.cfg or maybe I got it backwards and it is AutoInput.cfg. Anyway, that file is in the opt/retropie/configs/n64/ folder.

To figure out the EXACT name of your controller (so you know which configuration to edit), from the terminal, type
    jstest /dev/input/js0 (and check your button map while you are there).

Hope this helps.

TorVaga
    Participant

Check out this page: https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Nintendo-64
    It shows you what buttons is assigned where on the N64 controller. I am struggling to get this controller work myself, since the games I try to play is launched in Mupen64 (atleast that’s what I think).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.