Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello!
    Just set this up for the first time thanks to all to help already available in this forum. I’m trying to set this up as a birthday present for the girlfriend and n64 was her favorite. I finally got the n64 roms to load (mario 64), however I can’t get passed the start screen in any of them. It’s not recognizing any input from my usb gamepad or the keyboard, except ctrl alt del. Other emulators work, just not the n64. I’m extremely new to all this, can any of you help?
    Thanks in advance.

proxycell
    Participant

oh man, i always ask this first so don’t get upset:
    did you run the “Register RetroArch Controller” option in the setup?

if you did already, maybe you’re N64 emulator is not a “libretro/retroarch” compatible one. which means you may need to setup the controller manually…

necoigne
    Participant

Not upset at all, if you’ll excuse my ignorance. I went through and did the manual set up if that’s what you’re referring to. It works fine the emulationstation menu and the other roms for other systems seem to work fine. Is there a separate setup for each emulator? Also, once I’ve started any of the n64 roms, it won’t take any input from the keyboard either other than CTRL Alt Del (every other rom exits when I hit esc). I was initially having problems with the n64 segmentation fault that is a popular thread on here, so i went ahead and replaced the libmupen64plus file, after which I could at least load the roms. Could it have had something to do with that? Thanks for your help, and again I apologize for my ignorance if i’m not explaining this correctly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.