Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    skyrunner65
    Participant

First off, I’m running a Raspberry Pi Model B at 900mhz (I want to be safe, now!)

Questions:

- What are the preferred emulators(performance) for SNES, Genesis, MAME, and NES?
    - How can I configure it so that it loads a Controller's configuration, no matter what port it is in? (AKA a Controller that can go into either port and still work perfectly)
    - Any idea how to change volume (software) while emulating? (not a big deal, but would be great to know)
    - Should I make the switch to 3.0 just yet? (I'm one for experimentation, but I generally want an idea for how it's been for everyone else)
    - How can I change the list of options for RetroArch? (Hiding a few options/ changing their wording)

Thank you for looking at these questions, this is truly a great setup.

mcbourne
    Participant

From one noob to another:
    – What are the preferred emulators(performance) for SNES, Genesis, MAME, and NES?
    I’m running off the 3.0 image and so far all the default emulators (retroarch) runs these just fine, although I haven’t loaded up MAME yet.

– How can I configure it so that it loads a Controller’s configuration, no matter what port it is in? (AKA a Controller that can go into either port and still work perfectly)
    The 3.0 has a retropie menu with a controller setup script. Running through this sets the retroarch file and has worked for me on wireless xbox 360 controllers, up to 4

– Any idea how to change volume (software) while emulating? (not a big deal, but would be great to know)
    I saw options to set keys for this in the mupen n64 cfg file. If you have a key combo you want to set it to, you can search for how to edit the cfg file to add those key commands.

– Should I make the switch to 3.0 just yet? (I’m one for experimentation, but I generally want an idea for how it’s been for everyone else)
    I like the simplified file structure and the retropie menu in emulation station. It all makes more sense to me while I’m poking around.

Hope that helps a little

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.