Viewing 20 posts - 36 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    kitchuk
    Participant

Unfortunately I’m having problems with this theme for my 720p resolution on my TV. I don’t have Photoshop or the know how how to change this (with template) to fit my resolution. Would someone be kind enough to convert it?

dudumaroja
    Participant

some one could provide a 16:9 (1.77:1) version?

or how to change the emulatorstation aspect to 4:3?!?

mgoulart
    Participant

Is it possible to use screenshots with this skin?

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s possible to use covers with some modifications.

huettmaster
    Participant

hello!

will the missing themes follow in the next weeks???

VGMonkey
    Participant

Wow great theme.
    I have just got a pi and startede with retropie, if i can stop playing super mario world i will stick these as my theme.

ex0r
    Participant

Does emulationstation not scale themes according to screen resolution? Perhaps that’s a feature that should be added into a future release. I too downloaded the popular ‘My Skin’ theme (Although i’ll be modifying it to show cover art), but the resolution doesn’t scale depending on the tv size/resolution, so it won’t work as a portable skin like I am wanting to make my retropie. Is there a way to get it to auto-scale without having to change the theme every time I hook it up to a different tv ?

My main tv is a 70″ that uses 1900×1080 resolution, but it will go on many different tvs depending on what I transport it to, so I need it to scale appropriately.

Is there a way to force scaling or something ? (XBMC does it, so I know there’s some way to do it based on resolution)

royenroy
    Participant

Does someone have a detailed description on how to install this theme? I’m pretty much a noob in the whole Linux/Raspberry Pi world, so any help would be appriciated. :)

royenroy
    Participant

As far as I know, you can’t force scale. What you can do however, is force the output of the Pi to eg. 720p or so, so that it basically fits for most of your displays.

ex0r
    Participant

How do I change the resolution on the pi itself? And remember Im using composite video not sure if that supports 720

ex0r
    Participant

[quote=6411]Does someone have a detailed description on how to install this theme? I’m pretty much a noob in the whole Linux/Raspberry Pi world, so any help would be appriciated. :) [/quote]

Unzip the contents to you hdd than use a secure ftp client to transfer the entire contents inside of ‘my skin’ folder into your .emulationstation directory. Dont copy over the .cfg files though.

royenroy
    Participant

[quote=6414]

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>royenroy wrote:</div>
    Does someone have a detailed description on how to install this theme? I’m pretty much a noob in the whole Linux/Raspberry Pi world, so any help would be appriciated. :)

Unzip the contents to you hdd than use a secure ftp client to transfer the entire contents inside of ‘my skin’ folder into your .emulationstation directory. Dont copy over the .cfg files though.
    [/quote]

There is no .cfg file in the folder I downloaded, only ’emulationstation’ folder, .DS_Store, Controllers.ai, credits.txt, splashscreen.png and template.psd. And I don’t hae an ftp client set up, my only way so far of transferring files has been with the USB drive.

clickymouse
    Participant

Excellent!
    Thanks!

dem1980
    Participant

J’adore ce thème !
    Sometimes, i change my screen. I could plug my raspberry to my TV which is 1080p and sometimes, i plug it to an old 4:3 VGA screen and the resolution is 1024×768.

You could notice, that the 1st game is in the header of the game’s section.
    There is way to have a skin nice in 1080p and nice in VGA-like ?
    Thank you

lmdm

Le magasin de magie est le numéro 1 de la magie à prix discount.

Pourquoi payer plus cher, le magasin de magie vous propose un large choix d’articles pour magiciens au meilleur prix.

Apprécié et choisi par de très nombreux magiciens en France, en Belgique, au Luxembourg et en Suisse, le magasin de magie vous livre en 48 heures en France et en 72h dans toute l’Europe.

Vous trouverez également toutes les nouveauté de la magie grâce à nos fournisseurs basé aux USA.

Découvrez notre large choix de tours de close-up, tours de cartes, tours de pièces, tours spécial débutants, tours de mentalisme, tours de scène…

Nous vous offrons des promotions chaque mois ainsi qu’un programme de fidélité extrêmement performant qui vous offre régulièrement des bons d’achat.

Prenez une petite minute pour visiter notre site et nous espérons que vous nous ferez confiance pour vos prochains achats magiques.

leosmeira
    Participant

Good work!
    Can you share the source code with me ?

leosmeira
    Participant

[quote=5497]j’ai réussis a modifier cet horrible Menu.
    Pour installer le mien, remplacer le fichier “emulationstation” à cette adresse
    /home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/EmulationStation
    vous devrez quitter emulationstation avant de procéder au remplacement avec la touche F4
    et placer MY-FONT à cette adresse
    /home/pi
    Si vous voulez, vous pouvez mettre une autre font que la mienne du moment qu’elle porte le même nom ;)
    [/quote]

Good work.
    Can you share the source code with me ?

nosifone
    Participant

If you aren’t afraid of changing the source code, you can change the hard-coded values.

For the menu stuff, (/home/pi/supplementary/EmulationStation/) src/components/GuiMenu.cpp, line 14:
    std::shared_ptr<Font> font = Font::get(*mWindow->getResourceManager(), Font::getDefaultPath(), FONT_SIZE_LARGE);

Change this to:
    std::shared_ptr<Font> font = Font::get(*mWindow->getResourceManager(), “/home/pi/MY_FONT.ttf”, 0.07f * Renderer::getScreenHeight());

(Change the path and 0.07 as you like)

Line 16 controls the “selected text” color:
    mList->setSelectedTextColor(0x0000FFFF);

Change the 0000FFFF to your favorite RGBA hex color (make sure it starts with 0x!).

To change the color of the items on the menu, lines 79-88:
    mList->addObject(“Settings”, “es_settings”, 0x0000FFFF);

Again, change 0000FFFF to whatever you
    like.

After changing the file, go to the root of the EmulationStation directory (/home/pi/supplementary/EmulationStation) and run “make” to recompile. After that your changes should take effect.

leosmeira
    Participant

Thanks for your help, I’m translating the emulationstation and want to add their menu

leosmeira
    Participant

nosifone, I am unable to leave the menu with the same look as yours.

I’m having problems with the color, the color selection is not showing up.

To red, I’ve tried these:
    0x00FF0000, 0x0000FF00 and 0xFFFF0000

The selection is getting a black bar on top of the menu items.

I am not able to put a black background across the menu screen.

Thanks for your help!

Viewing 20 posts - 36 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.