Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Emulation Station Themes My idea for a Theme :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lomax2k
    Participant

Hi Guys,

here a some of my ideas for a theme :) It’s still all WIP but i love to hear some thoughts of you.

herbfargus

That’s pretty clean. How are you going to implement it? A different front end?

lomax2k
    Participant

I really don’t know yet. Maybe another front-end is a good idea. I am aiming for a clean user interface that is easy to use. Really i just wanted to show you how far my progress is and what other people think of my design idea :)

herbfargus

I personally am quite fond of the grid pattern gamelist instead of the gamelist like it is currently. Emulationstation had plans for a grid pattern but never quite got to it before real life got in the way.

A minimalist design is the way it should be in my opinion. Kodi has done a very good job with their layouts and theming options, game frontends are a bit behind on that front. There is also this one that you might be able to adapt:
    https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/1071

You could also look into retrofe

I’m not sure your level of coding experience or if it would just be easier for you to find something that’s already built and just make a theme for it, but I like your preliminary ideas :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.