Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Mupen64plus won't exit with xbox controller

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    goodjaerb
    Participant

I’m pretty sure this is brought up a lot but everything I’ve yet found doesn’t work.

First thing is I am running on an Ubuntu 15.10 PC set up per the wiki.

My mupen64plus.cfg claims I should be able to hit Back and Start J1B8/J1B9 to quit the emulator, but that doesn’t work, and all mention of it I can find online says mupen doesn’t support hotkeys like that.

So I edit it to be just the back button J1B8 (which corresponds to jstest and the default mupen settings) and it still doesn’t exit. However I believe this is because even though I edit the file, when I run emulationstation / mupen64plus, something removes/rewrites/replaces the cfg because not only does it not work but when I check the file after it is reset to J1B8/J1B9, which I know doesn’t work.

So I tried what I did with my reicast config and made it non-deletable/editable. Well when I run mupen64plus straight out of /opt/retropie/emulators/mupen64plus/bin it throws an error if it can’t alter the file and uses default settings anyway. So again it doesn’t use my cfg edits.

I don’t understand if it’s suggested to edit these files why would emulationstation/mupen (and reicast fwiw) edit and replace them anyway. Is it something strange because I’m using Ubuntu instead?

Also I would love to just use lr-mupen64plus because the retroarch configuration lets me exit, but the games don’t display right AT ALL. Maybe if someone can tell me why or how to fix lr-mupen64plus I’ll be ok.

Thank you and I’m sorry it’s so much talking.

jaspreet97
    Participant

Not a solution but I have the exact same issue but with me sometimes the Exit combo does work and lets me leave the emulator Sometimes it doesn’t. Setting a single key doesn’t work either and I see the same behavior in all three non LR emulators. the LR one is funky atleast in the game menus

g0nz0uk
    Participant

You have got further than me. Since Retropie 3.4 and above I can’t get my 2 wireless xboxs to work at all on the N64, all other emulators are good, don’t really want to roll back.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.