Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This has been driving me crazy, this is the last thing I need to fix in my update to retropie 3.0 beta 2 build, all other systems and controls work just can’t get the mupen64plus-testing emulator to exit from joypad. When I plug in a usb keyboard to the pi, the ESC button will exit the emulator, but the button I have set up in the cfg file isn’t working what so ever and I have no clue why!

In jstest I have two controllers, JS1 and JS2. I am using a wireless Xbox 360 controller. All buttons work just fine in all emulators, and all buttons that I have set up in the inputautocfg.ini work fine in game with the N64 emulator, just not the Joy Mapping Stop button in the mupen64plus.cfg. Any help would be MUCH appreciated!!!!

# Joystick event string for stopping the emulator
    Joy Mapping Stop = “J1B10”

Thats what I have it set to in mupen64plus.cfg in /opt/retropie/configs/n64/….

This is what the emulator is picking up as my controller: ‘# SDL joystick name (or Keyboard)
    name = “Xbox Gamepad (userspace driver)”

And again, all N64 buttons work perfectly when a rom loads on my Xbox 360 controller, there is just no way for me to exit the rom with out plugging in a keyboard and hitting esc…. I am 2000% baffled and have no idea what else to try nor where to go from here. For the record I have tried a whole host of different exit buttons in the cfg, none work…. Please help!

epe9686518
    Participant

Well I ended up fixing it just now. I was editing and clearing the control config files in /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs/ and for some reason out of no where it ended up working. Not sure what happened, but it had something to do with how it was reading those files that caused it not to pick up on the hot key exit button. Wish I had my details as to what caused this, but it’s fixed and the EMU now exits as it’s supose to.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.