Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Mupen64plus load save state exits to ES

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    joelones
    Participant

Hi,

Great project!
    I’ve configured mupen64plus and it seems to work fine however, I’m struggling to get the load save state working.

I can confirm that the save state shortcut does indeed create a file in ~/.local. When I attempt to load the saved state I see mupen64plus restart itself and then exit back to ES.

I think I notice an error, “Bus error…” but I can’t be sure ’cause it’s there for a split second and then quits to ES. Not sure where the log is for mupen64plus…

I’m using the retro 2.6 img for RPi2.

Thanks

cakelol
    Participant

I experience the same issue. All I could see as well was some sort of Bus error.
    Also on 2.6 IMG on the Pi 2. Saving appears to work fine – I don’t see any message about it ingame, but I see the files that are created (in my case on a mounted NFS share so I can continue to play in another room on another device).

I was thinking about permissions of the savestates…but they are fine imo.

joelones
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, at least I know it’s not only me.

Hopefully someone will post a solution.

cakelol
    Participant

Hey mate,
    I just succeeded in this problem.
    I just made a complete binary update yesterday and, after completely reconfiguring my controllers for mupen64plus, I can now successfully save and load. Maybe give that a try. Takes a few hours, but totally worth it.
    Oh, and maybe back up your mupen64 .cfg and input-file before you do that.

joelones
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, going to do a binary update and hopefully fixes it for me as well.

Edit: seems like I still get the same bus error ;(

The error seems to be coming from”

/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh Bus Error

joelones
    Participant

Thoughts?

trumad
    Participant

I’m also struggling with this. Let us know if there’s any solution!

robofruit
    Participant

I am having this problem too, tried a binary install and it didn’t help :o(

zogzoghakita
    Participant

Did anyone found a way to load state with Mupen64plus ?

Emulator also crashes on my side (Retropie 3.1) when trying to load state (by pressing F7 for instance)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.