Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Mupen64plus & Hifiberry Dac+, no sound

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello All,

Has anyone had any luck getting sound to work with Mupen64plus and a Hifiberry dac+ sound card? I cannot seem to get any sound when using Mupen64plus with Retropie v2.6.0 and a Raspberry Pi 2.

In the mupen64plus.cfg file located in the directory /home/pi/.config/mupen64plus there are only two options for sound, “# Audio output to go to (0) Analogue jack, (1) HDMI.” I’ve tried both in addition to commenting out the subsequent line and still no sound. Does anyone know a work around to this or perhaps another audio plugin that may work?

Thanks,
    Ryan

kevinsilhouette
    Participant

I am getting no sound in everything with the 2.6 image. The 2.5 image everything worked fine, were you able to figure it out ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have not been able to figure it out yet. I do however have sound from all other emulators/programs just not Mupen64plus.

milesw
    Participant

Same here. All other emulators works but Mupen64plus doesn’t, no sound. I use the audio jack for sound.

How about raspi-config and sound settings? Is the audio jack forced?

scarix
    Participant

I Got the same problem. I use the Analoge Jack for sound instead of the HDMI.
    I solved my problem with the following steps:

If you open the next file “mupen64plus.cfg” with command:

sudo nano /opt/retropie/configs/n64/mupen64plus.cfg

Then you will see the next piece of code somewhere in the top of the file:

# Audio output to go to (0) Analogue jack, (1) HDMI
    OUTPUT_PORT = 1

I just changed the “1” to a “0” and rebooted the system.

Maybe this helps for you.

denus
    Participant

I got the DAC+ today but didn’t manage to get one single sound out of it.
    The system doesn’t even see the device.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.