Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    narp
    Participant

Hey! Having a good time and finally getting a hang of retropie thanks to you guys! I added some psx roms and noticed that there are 2 titles for each psx game i’ve added. No doubt something to do with the 2-3 files per game. Any idea how to get rid of those? Thanks!

Omnija
    Participant

i have a feeling it has todo with the cue,bin and another i forget. I would suggest converting them to eboot or isos. I suggest eboot due to compression level’s being better and taking up less space.

narp
    Participant

Github says only .bin .cue .img and .mdf file types are accepted though. :/

Floob

This may help:

PSX 7zip not showing

neighbourhoodnerd
    Participant

Just edit ES_Systems.CFG. This file controls what file extensions EmulationStation will make visible in its menus.

The file is found at /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg

Search the file for “PlayStation” and edit the EXTENSION section to match mine:

<system>
        <fullname>Sony Playstation 1</fullname>
        <name>psx</name>
        <path>~/RetroPie/roms/psx</path>
    <extension>.bin .BIN .cbn .CBN .img .IMG .iso .ISO .mdf .MDF .pbp .PBP .toc .TOC .z .Z .znx .ZNX</extension>
        <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 1 "/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/psxlibretro/libretro.so --config /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg --appendconfig /opt/retropie/configs/psx/retroarch.cfg %ROM%" "psxlibretro"</command>
        <platform>psx</platform>
        <theme>psx</theme>
      </system>

These changes make sure that .CUE, .CCD etc are ignored and adds other common disk image formats. Don’t worry, the emulator runs them all just fine.

narp
    Participant

Oh cool, thanks! Would it just not use the .cue files? Or use them but ignore them? Reason I ask is because apparently some of them have useful info about the tracks. I went ahead and deleted the files that had no track information, but a couple of them actually do have some stuff in there.

meat
    Participant

The way I do it is use .cue files and remove .bin from es_systems.cfg

because sometimes you will find bin files with multiple tracks, like 30 or so for one game which will show in ES.

I delete the .cue/.ccd/.mds (if they are with iso,img,mdf etc as they arent required for those formats)

only the .bin files require the .cue as mentioned above.

That’s what I did anyway to resolve the same issue.

Cheers
    Meat

Floob

Yes, cutting out either .cue or .bin should do the trick. It seems that even for bins that have several audio tracks inside the emulator will look for the .cue so kicking of the game with either should work.

jwingo
    Participant

Can I ask a dumb question? How do you update the es_systems.cfg file? I can download it remotely from the network and update it, but do not have permission to load it back in. I was going to use meat’s idea since most of the ROMS I have found have multiple .bin files.
    Thanks

herbfargus

Use something like winscp or you can type sudo nano /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg and just edit it right there, then press Ctrl+x to save your changes, and then press enter.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.