Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Multiple controller support with limelight

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lividhatter
    Participant

Has anyone been able to get 2 controllers working with limelight? if so how?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi yes I have done this for some games (using moonlight 2.0.1) but I er didn’t have to do anything once I had moonlight running. I added moonlight to emulationstation with the command to pair with my PC and then to run against Steam. The controllers ‘just worked’ for any game that didn’t have a crap xbox mapping file (e.g. Towerfall Ascension doesn’t work unless you change the mapping, which I haven’t gotten around to doing yet). Games like dungeon defenders worked with at least 2 player though using 1 wired xbox controller and 1 wireless xbox controller.

What part are you having trouble with / what game are you trying to play?

lividhatter
    Participant

Im using the experimental package thats included in retropie. when i have multiple controllers connected, no games seem to detect the second one. How would i go about using moonlight instead?

Anonymous
    Inactive

They’ve included it in Retropie? lol heh I didn’t know that :(

I’m about to head off to work. I can post some instructions after for getting Moonlight 2.0.1 working, someone else may be able to help you with Limelight. Presumably its the last Limelight version? Moonlight is the rebranded limelight written in C (not Java).

I’ve only played one coop game so far which was Dungeon Defenders. That definitely worked and it ‘just worked’ for me.

lividhatter
    Participant

Looks like the problem i was having was using 2 different controllers (PS3 and xbox 360). I started using 2 ps3 controllers, and it totally works now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.