Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Multiple Controller setup? Please!

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

After countless hours of tweaking and tinkering and absolute frustration! I finally have RetroPie working and loading all my games. BUT one thing I realize is that the controllers don’t quite work right at all.

What I’ve done is purchased Retro NES, SNES,Sega and N64 Controllers that are USB.

I am a Noob by every aspect of the book on raspberry pi and Linux so none of it really makes sense. ANYWAY….. I need to know (The Simplest way) to make every controller work for EACH of it’s corresponding Emulator. I need to just be able to plug in the N64 controller and load a N64 rom and BOOM its working!
    (Is this possible?)

Also how do I set it up where I do NOT need a keyboard to save, exit etc. ?

Thanks in advance and please remember I need the Simplest way possible to do this without a bunch of hassle ….cause believe me setting this up all right and getting wifi to work etc was stress enough Thanks

herbfargus

What version of retropie are you running? If you’re running retropie 3 rc1 it automatically configures your controllers for retroarch along with emulation station on first boot. See this page:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/First-Installation

As long as the emulators are retroarch emulators it will work. Non-retroarch emulators have individual configurations that need to be done manually. Those are on their respective emulator pages on the wiki as well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m Using 3.0 rc 1 I think I just downloaded it today so the newest one… what seems to be happening the most is I keep exiting the game by pushing the z button for N64

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.