Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ldjstyle
    Participant

Apologies for the one millionth controller issue post. This is the second retro pie I have made but the first using version 2.3.

What I am attempting is to have 4 controllers plugged into a raspberry pi B+ and the controllers are slightly different. I would like to use certain ones for specific emulators and am not sure how to do this.

I have 2 cheap usb style snes controllers and 2 original nes controllers with retro usb adapters.

Right now all 4 controllers are recognized by emulation station, but only one is working for emulators.
    I’ve gone through tutorials on this site and elsewhere but no luck. The most common solution seems to be to copy and paste the inputs in the config file and change ‘player 1 to player 2’ this is what I successfully did on my first retro pie version 1, but in version 2.3 its not working for me as my config file has no player distinction.
    Also I read to run the auto setup for each controller but this only overwrites the first file and still leaves me with just one working controller, whichever was the last one to auto set up.

Is there anyone that has advice to get more than one controller working and to find a way to have the nes controllers read player 1 and player 2 for emulators like atari and nes, while the snes controllers to be player 1 and 2 for snes and genesis?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.