Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    darquegk
    Participant

My Raspberry Pi 2 should arrive tomorrow or the day after, and I’ve downloaded the shiny new image from the site. However, I was wondering if I’ll need to completely rebuild my ROM library from scratch, or if there’s a way to move my collection over to the new image and the new RPi2.

Floob

I guess you could FTP your roms directories to your PC, then FTP them back to the new Pi?

techstep
    Participant

Or SD into your PC and copy to a USB?

tisoysmitty
    Participant

For what it’s worth, I just used an image I took of my SD card that was used on my Rpi-B+, put it on a new card, and it’s working just fine on my Rpi2. I did just transfer some files via WinSCP and through Windows Explorer as well that I had downloaded since making the image.

Floob

I guess some people may want to use a Pi2 image as some of the binaries are optimised for that new CPU.

tisoysmitty
    Participant

True. I just had the image around and was curious as to how it’d perform. So far I haven’t noticed any issues. I just wanted to let him know it was possible in case he didn’t want to start anew.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.