Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Missing libretro emulators on RetroPie 3.0?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    fakeuser
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m new to the RetroPie world.

I been investigating the rebuilding process wit clrmame and I am specially interested on romset used by lr-mame2010 but after the rebuilding process… I noticed that nor /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-mame2010 neither /opt/retropie/configs/mame-libretro/retroarch.cfg exists… is that OK? The roms directory is also missing, I know that I can create that but is everything OK? since binanies and configurations for libretro seems to be missing.

Thanks in advance and nice work!

petrockblog
    Keymaster

It probably failed to build. It was only added the other day, and although it builds fine for me and herbfargus, it didn’t build for someone else.

Check the logfile and see what the problem is.

fakeuser
    Participant

Thanks for the quick answer, I will check the build log.

Correct me if I am wrong because I made multiple tests and I dont remember the process exactly… I used the SD card image. Does this also has a build process? I though that the build is only related with the setup script.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Not sure what you are asking sorry.

fakeuser
    Participant

Sorry for my english :(

I mean that since I used the SD image there is no build process suitable to fail since, as far as I understand, everything is “pre built” when using this method, right?

Thanks!

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Nope – items in the experimental menu do not come with prebuilt binaries so require building.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I’m getting the feeling you perhaps didn’t build it – but thought it would be preinstalled? It is only available in experimental for now.

fakeuser
    Participant

Yes… that is my problem indeed.

I checked the documentation a ton of times and I didn’t find any clue about what I was doing wrong.

Thanks for the help!

fakeuser
    Participant

Ok… I am still missing something

There is no retroarch package or lr-mame2010 package on the experimental option from the setup script. I’ve installed retroach from “Install individual emulators” option instead but the files and directories I’ve mentioned on my first post are still missing. What is the exact option to install lr-mame2010?

Regards!

herbfargus

This explains how to install new emulators. If you don’t have a rpi2 then its doubtful you’ll get favourable results.

fakeuser
    Participant

Thanks herbfargus,

I’ve executed the script previously, I am just asking where is the option to install lr-mame2010 emulator because I am not able to find it under “Experimental” section as @buzz suggested.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

then you probably didn’t update the retropie-setup script first.

fakeuser
    Participant

Oh damn… I’m so sorry :(

I was 100% sure that I executed the update script option before. Now… the option are there, inside the experimental option as you poited previously.

Thanks for the patience

smithers
    Participant

It takes a lonnnnggg time to compile however its working great at my end – was a nice surprise, along with Mame 0.78 and lr-FBA-Next!

All the best.
    Steve

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.