Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    papabear
    Participant

When i config my wired xbox 360 controller using the ‘register retroarch controller’ in the ‘retropie setup’ , it all works find and i get the message that the file MircosoftX-Box360pad.cfg is made.

But OFCOURSE i want too exit my games using the xbox controller.. my guess is that i need find that MircosoftX-Box360pad.cfg and edit the input_enable_hotkey_btn = 10
    input_exit_emulator_btn = 9.

But I can´t find the config file. Can u help me?

borlandoflorida
    Participant

The easiest way to do this is from within the emulator menu itself. It’s much quicker than messing around with .cfg files etc.

Play a game – I would usually go for something NES/SNES/Megadrive related (not MAME or the other ports).

Access the emulator menu (usually you press F1) and then you can go to the settings etc. Choose input and then assign the relevant buttons on your control pad.

However, I found it sometimes problematic accessing the menu by pressing F1. I managed to fix this by editing the relevant .cfg file and changing the hotkey to F2. I could then access the menu by holding F2 then pressing F1.

Check out this post here: https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/how-to-setup-a-controller-in-2-2/#post-13105 as this should help.

papabear
    Participant

However, I found it sometimes problematic accessing the menu by pressing F1. I managed to fix this by editing the relevant .cfg file and changing the hotkey to F2. I could then access the menu by holding F2 then pressing F1.

Could you be so kind too tell me how to get too the ‘relevant.cfg file’ .. because f1 doesnt bring up a menu, as you mentioned, and I don’t know what .cfg you are refering to.

Thanks!!

fonzman
    Participant

The cfg-files created by ‘register retroarch controller’ in the ‘retropie setup’ are written to ‘/opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/configs’

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.