Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RetroMarine
    Participant

My pi has a 128gig SD card complete with all the atari2600, nes, snes, sega genesis, sega master system, turbogrfx 16, game boy, game boy color, game boy advance, mame, and game gear games. I also have about 60gigs worth of PSX games on it. Every emulator (except mame and atari2600) is also complete with boxart, which I personally manually scraped.

So you could say I have my pi’s work cut out for it. Anyways, the menu will randomly forget some of the graphics I made for the themes…it will just be white, and even the text for the game names will look like rectangles and squares instead of words. Any ideas on how to fix this? I tried overclocking, but it doesn’t change anything. I also made each graphic in my themes to be the lowest possible resolution. Everything worked ok before I added all the PSX games…perhaps I should have a separate SD card just for PSX games? I’d like to have everything on one SD card if possible, but this menu shit is driving me crazy. Any ideas would help, thx.

RetroMarine
    Participant

Ok so in found out for some reason the memory split was reset back to 128 from 256. Now everything seems to work great.

retrofredde
    Participant

Just wanted to say that that’s a very impressive setup! Good to know it works now too. With all the PS1 games, do you get full speed and if so could you post how you have overclocked you pi?
    I get maybe 45fps in 3D games like Resident Evil and Final Fantasy 7 but 60fps in 2D games like Strikers 1945. This has made me choose only 2D games which is a kind of a bummer with a console so focused on 3D.

RetroMarine
    Participant

Some of my psx games do have a slight lag, but I found that over clocking made no difference whatsoever, so I just deal with it. I’ll post a video of my whole setup soon. I recently purchased a PS4, but I play my retropie way more. Today’s games just don’t have the same appeal to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.