Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Mayflash wireless PS3 adapter

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    kaaven
    Participant

I’m trying to find a solution to my problem.

Using the Mayflash adapter (Product link) I get one fully working wireless controller and are happy. It is recogonized as a XBOX controller. But if I want to use more than one, I need to change from “Xinput” to “Dinput” on the adapter, and then none of them work.

Is there a way to use this adapter to connect more PS3 controllers? This is the cheapest adapter I found that support ps3 controllers flawlessly.

From the producers hompage on D- and X-input:
    “If the Input Switch is set to the “Direct Input” mode, the controllers are recognized as standard Human Interface Device. Your controllers can be calibrated at the Windows Gamepad Setup screen. Up to four controllers can be recognized by a single adapter while in this mode.”

“Setting the switch to “Xinput Mode” will make it possible to fool certain PC games which lock out proper input modes from the user unless an Xbox controller is attached (for a list of these games, check Wikipedia). While in Xinput Mode Vibration Feedback is available. The drawback is that while in this mode, only one controller can be recognized by the adapter.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.