Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Mayflash USB with Snes controllers, second controller not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    chris-p81
    Participant

I’m using a RPi Model B with a Mayflash USB dual SNES adapter with 2 original SNES controllers. I successfully configured one controller (player 1) but can’t configure the second one. The controller on the player 2 port does not detect an input (time out) when running the controller configuration script. The RPi knows it’s there because I can use both controllers to select an emulator in the retropie startup menu.
    To make sure the USB SNES adapter works correct I connected it to my Win 7 PC. There both controllers worked fine the way they should.
    Has anybody configured such a Mayflash adapter with 2 SNES controllers successfully in retropie?

mnp81
    Participant

Hi Chris, I have the same adapter and have had exactly the same issues as you. It works perfectly on emulators on PC/Mac, but behaves the same when I connect it to my RPie 1. I added the second controller mappings to the cfg file, but only a couple of the buttons work like you.

I’ve seen other people who say it works, but haven’t been able to find out how. Will post anything here that helps if I find it.

ceuse
    Participant

I think its a issue with the retropie v3 image. im running it sucsessfully on 2.6 and im hesitant to update at the moment.

i will post my retroarch.cfg later if you want ( i use 1 mayflash snes & 1 mayflash n64 adapter with 2 controllers each)

chris-p81
    Participant

I’m running RetroPie 2.6 but I was concidering an update to 3.0. Maybe that will help. Can you post your config file for the SNES controllers? That would be great help! Which snes controllers Do you use? I use the SNSP-005 controllers (pal version).

niner
    Participant

I just got a Mayflash USB adapter today and can’t get it to work at all. Was there a trick to getting it working? I’m on RetroPie 2.6 as well.

chris-p81
    Participant

I assume you’re using the same one I am (Mayflash SNES controller adapter for PC).It’s quite straight forward to get the usb adapter to work, it’s just plug and play. You should first check if the RPi sees the device with lsusb. It should be listed as GreenAsia. You should now be able to use the controllers to navigate in the emulation station menu. Then configure your controllers for RetroArch. I used this video as a guide:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBloKEbBRAU
    Unfortunately I can only get one controller to work, there is no response from the second controller in RetroArch.

chris-p81
    Participant

BTW: Using the config as described in the videotutorial, the configuration of the controllers is written to HuiJiaUSBGamePag.cfg, not the USBGamepad.cfg!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, i suppose you encountered the same issue i had months ago with other dual mayflash adapter on linux. To make sure, check if you have only js0 under /dev/input or if you also have js1

If you have only js0, then you have another adapter that uses the wrong kernel driver (it recognize both controllers as a unique controller with buttons x 2). You could solve this by modifying kernel sources then rebuild it, if it can help and if you some basic understanding of linux, patches and programming, here is a patch i wrote to fix this issue with my SS adapter and my PS adapter :

diff -git a/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h b/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h
    --- a/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h
    +++ b/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h
    @@ -362,6 +362,8 @@

#define USB_VENDOR_ID_GREENASIA		0x0e8f
     #define USB_DEVICE_ID_GREENASIA_DUAL_USB_JOYPAD	0x3013
    +#define USB_DEVICE_ID_GREENASIA_DUAL_SS_JOYPAD 0x1006
    +#define USB_DEVICE_ID_GREENASIA_DUAL_PS_JOYPAD 0x3010

#define USB_VENDOR_ID_GRETAGMACBETH	0x0971
     #define USB_DEVICE_ID_GRETAGMACBETH_HUEY	0x2005
    diff -git a/drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-quirks.c b/drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-quirks.c
    --- a/drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-quirks.c
    +++ b/drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-quirks.c
    @@ -50,6 +50,8 @@ static const struct hid_blacklist {
     	{ USB_VENDOR_ID_EMS, USB_DEVICE_ID_EMS_TRIO_LINKER_PLUS_II, HID_QUIRK_MULTI_INPUT },
     	{ USB_VENDOR_ID_ETURBOTOUCH, USB_DEVICE_ID_ETURBOTOUCH, HID_QUIRK_MULTI_INPUT },
     	{ USB_VENDOR_ID_GREENASIA, USB_DEVICE_ID_GREENASIA_DUAL_USB_JOYPAD, HID_QUIRK_MULTI_INPUT },
    +	{ USB_VENDOR_ID_GREENASIA, USB_DEVICE_ID_GREENASIA_DUAL_SS_JOYPAD, HID_QUIRK_MULTI_INPUT },
    +	{ USB_VENDOR_ID_GREENASIA, USB_DEVICE_ID_GREENASIA_DUAL_PS_JOYPAD, HID_QUIRK_MULTI_INPUT },
     	{ USB_VENDOR_ID_PANTHERLORD, USB_DEVICE_ID_PANTHERLORD_TWIN_USB_JOYSTICK, HID_QUIRK_MULTI_INPUT | HID_QUIRK_SKIP_OUTPUT_REPORTS },
     	{ USB_VENDOR_ID_PLAYDOTCOM, USB_DEVICE_ID_PLAYDOTCOM_EMS_USBII, HID_QUIRK_MULTI_INPUT },
     	{ USB_VENDOR_ID_TOUCHPACK, USB_DEVICE_ID_TOUCHPACK_RTS, HID_QUIRK_MULTI_INPUT },

The 1006/3010 part is the id_product lsusb is returning.

The other (easier) solution is to not use autoconfig.

chris-p81
    Participant

Interestingly I came across your post in the libretro forum yesterday where you describe the same problem, unforunately without a solution. Thank you for the patch, unfortunately I’m not an advanced linux user and have not compiled a kernel yet, so I’m a bit reluctant on trying the patch. I’m quite fed up with the mayflash adapter at the moment and am thinking of giving the gpio adapter a try, but I guess I might try the non-autoconfig solution. Do you happen to have a link with a description at hand?

ceuse
    Participant

Sorry for the delay.

im using the SNSP-005 Controllers . hers my Config for the Controlls in /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

input_player1_joypad_index = "3"
    input_player1_b_btn = "2"
    input_player1_y_btn = "3"
    input_player1_select_btn = "8"
    input_player1_start_btn = "9"
    input_player1_up_axis = "-1"
    input_player1_down_axis = "+1"
    input_player1_left_axis = "-0"
    input_player1_right_axis = "+0"
    input_player1_a_btn = "1"
    input_player1_x_btn = "0"
    input_player1_l_btn = "6"
    input_player1_r_btn = "7"
    input_player2_joypad_index = "2"
    input_player2_b_btn = "2"
    input_player2_y_btn = "3"
    input_player2_select_btn = "8"
    input_player2_start_btn = "9"
    input_player2_up_axis = "-1"
    input_player2_down_axis = "+1"
    input_player2_left_axis = "-0"
    input_player2_right_axis = "+0"
    input_player2_a_btn = "1"
    input_player2_x_btn = "0"
    input_player2_l_btn = "6"
    input_player2_r_btn = "7"
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = "8"
    input_exit_emulator_btn = "7"
    input_save_state_btn = "3"
    input_load_state_btn = "0"

I dont think though that your configs are the issue if there infact is something wrong with the drivers. my best guess is use jstest to configure it further (finding out device numbers / if it works at all)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.