Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    copypaste
    Participant

Is anyone using the Mayflash Arcade Joystick?

I set this up at at first I can scroll through the menus using it. After configuring my controller in ES it immediately stops working in menu and I can’t use it in any emulator.

Any suggestions?

Floob

That looks like a pretty cool USB joystick!
    Have you tried using the standard RetroArch USB setup in the retropie-setup script?

copypaste
    Participant

Yes I have. This is what came out in the MY-POWERCO.,LTD.MayflashArcadeStick.cfg. It never lets me skip the buttons or timeout so I just put the rest to the same button. When I first image the card, I can use the stick to navigate around. The second I configure it, the stick becomes worthless and I can’t use it to navigate in the menus or in emulators.

input_device = “MY-POWER CO.,LTD. Mayflash Arcade Stick”
    input_driver = “linuxraw”
    input_b_btn = “0”
    input_y_btn = “4”
    input_select_btn = “8”
    input_start_btn = “9”
    input_up_axis = “-3”
    input_down_axis = “+3”
    input_left_axis = “-2”
    input_right_axis = “+2”
    input_a_btn = “1”
    input_x_btn = “5”
    input_l_btn = “6”
    input_r_btn = “2”
    input_l2_btn = “7”
    input_r2_btn = “7”
    input_l3_btn = “7”
    input_r3_btn = “7”
    input_l_x_plus_btn = “7”
    input_l_x_minus_btn = “7”
    input_l_y_plus_btn = “7”
    input_l_y_minus_btn = “7”
    input_r_x_plus_btn = “7”
    input_r_x_minus_btn = “7”
    input_r_y_plus_btn = “7”
    input_r_y_minus_btn = “7”
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = “8”
    input_exit_emulator_btn = “9”
    input_menu_toggle_btn = “5”
    input_load_state_btn = “6”
    input_save_state_btn = “2”
    input_reset_btn = “0”
    input_state_slot_increase_axis = “+2”
    input_state_slot_decrease_axis = “-2”

Floob

What about just configuring it in EmulationStation GUI – so that you can navigate in the menus – does that work?

Remember that the config for ES controller and game controller is separate.

jelantz
    Participant

I bought two of these awesome joysticks specificly for a retropie setup and have ran into basically the same problem. I installed the image directly using the win32 loader, booted up, plugged in one of the controllers, mapped the buttons, and everything works great within the UI. However, once I load any rom or one of the pre-loaded ports, the controller won’t work (but a keyboard obviously does). I tried booting without anything else plugged in except the controller, thinking it may be a conflict, but it made no difference…

Has anyone made any headway on this? I was building a homemade Street Fighter arade cabinet and it would be a huge setback if I can’t use these controllers; especially since I already cut out slots for the controllers to go within the frame.

/Sad face.

merichards
    Participant

Hi,
    I have one of these sticks and it works happily in everything except MAME (still working on that).
    I used retroarch-joyconfig to create a .cfg and stored it in /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/configs/

That way it auto-detects the controller and sorts itself out. My config file looks like this:

input_device = "MY-POWER CO.,LTD. Mayflash Arcade Stick"
    input_driver = "udev"

input_a_btn = 0
    input_b_btn = 1
    input_x_btn = 4
    input_y_btn = 5
    input_l_btn = 2
    input_r_btn = 3
    input_l2_btn = 6
    input_r2_btn = 7

input_select_btn = 8
    input_start_btn = 9

input_up_btn = h0up
    input_down_btn = h0down
    input_left_btn = h0left
    input_right_btn = h0right

input_l_x_plus_btn = h0right
    input_l_x_minus_btn = h0left
    input_l_y_plus_btn = h0up
    input_l_y_minus_btn = h0down

input_enable_hotkey_btn = 8 
    input_exit_emulator_btn = 4
    input_save_state_btn = 2
    input_load_state_btn = 3
    input_state_slot_increase_btn = 6
    input_state_slot_decrease_btn = 7
    input_menu_toggle_btn = 0

As you can see the stick is being detected as a hat and that’s what’s giving me headaches with MAME, but it works just fine with RetroArch cores. MAME just doesn’t see an input when I move the stick, although it sees the buttons just fine.

Hope that’s of some help though.

EDIT: The issue with hats and Mame4AllPi seems to be known, is there any chance that the patch mentioned below might be included in a later RetroPie image/binary installation?

https://code.google.com/p/mame4all-pi/issues/detail?id=17

merichards
    Participant

UPDATE: The solution for the Mayflash stick is embarassingly simple. I checked the Mayflash website and found out that if you press Auto and Clear together once the stick becomes a normal two-axis stick, press them again and it goes back to a hat switch. For MAME doing this is enough, the default controls will then work happily.

Sadly the stick doesn’t remember this and defaults to hat switch mode so you’ll need to do it every time.

P.S. If you do that and return to EmulationStation you won’t be able to navigate until you re-configure the stick using the GUI. Just toggle back to hat switch mode, bring up the menu, click Configure Input, toggle back to axis mode and go through the process.

I also modified my config file so that the stick works in RetroArch in axis mode:

input_device = "MY-POWER CO.,LTD. Mayflash Arcade Stick"
    input_driver = "udev"

input_a_btn = 0
    input_b_btn = 1
    input_x_btn = 4
    input_y_btn = 5
    input_l_btn = 2
    input_r_btn = 3
    input_l2_btn = 6
    input_r2_btn = 7

input_select_btn = 8
    input_start_btn = 9

#input_up_btn = h0up
    #input_down_btn = h0down
    #input_left_btn = h0left
    #input_right_btn = h0right

input_l_x_plus_axis = +0
    input_l_x_minus_axis = -0
    input_l_y_plus_axis = +1
    input_l_y_minus_axis = -1

input_enable_hotkey_btn = 8 
    input_exit_emulator_btn = 4
    input_save_state_btn = 2
    input_load_state_btn = 3
    input_state_slot_increase_btn = 6
    input_state_slot_decrease_btn = 7
    input_menu_toggle_btn = 0
    vincedj
    Participant

Hello I’ve just install my new Mayflash Arcade Stick and I edit the config in /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/configs/ with the solution of Marichards but when I try to play nothing of the buttons works also pressing together auto and clear.

Can u help me ?

Floob

Which version of RetroPie are you using?
    Have you read this?

https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/RetroArch-Configuration

vincedj
    Participant

the last version, I have just read but I can’t find the solution for my Mayflash Arcade Stick.

Floob

It shows if you want to edit your controller configs you should use the file in here:
    /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads

Also, when you say last version, do you mean 3.6?

vincedj
    Participant

yes 3.6 and I have just modified the file in /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads
    as written by user Merichards.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Me too. I have the PS3 controller , but it wouldn’t work in emulators. Solution? Is it normal that mayflash stick doesn’t pop up as controller in the beginning, because, my PS3 Controller is a game pad, but my mayflash isn’t counted as a gsmepad. That’s why I wasn’t able to play on the mayflash until my keyboard comes and check the config. But my PS3 works on the system but not on the ROM. Is it normal? My USB keyboard hasn’t arrived yet

vincedj
    Participant

I’m thinking to sent back to amazon this arcade joystick :(

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.